Alaska's Winter Horizon

Alaska's Winter Horizon

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday, March 10th























Still cold. Did get a few more inches of snow. It could get down to -5 tonight. Joined Greg, Christina, Carolyn, and Marge for lunch today. They all work together at the BLM. We walked down to a diner, the White Spot Cafe on 4th Avenue, for a halibut sandwich.
The halibut sandwich was a very thick breaded fish fillet on a bun with tartar sauce, cheese, lettuce, and tomato. Big serving of fries on the side. I quite enjoyed it. But if I continue to eat like this I won't be able to fit into that fur bikini I saw in the window of the shop next door. They also have a fur version for men, but I had just eaten and didn't want to lose my lunch by snapping a photo of it.
On our daily walk to the Post Office we went into one shop to get some cards. We then quickly scampered home as it was only 12 degrees with some very mean biting winds.

No comments:

Post a Comment