Alaska's Winter Horizon

Alaska's Winter Horizon

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thursday, May 27th







Anchorage has officially become the "City of Flowers". All this week I noticed workers putting fresh new flowers in the beds and hanging baskets along the sidewalks. The seemingly never-ending sunlight will make those flowers quickly fill any barren spots in the soil. It is 11:15 p.m. as I write this and it is still daylight outside. Cars are able to roll down the streets without their headlights on. It won't get dark until about 1.










Check out the pic of me near the grizzly. I may see another live griz this weekend on our trip to Denali. I'm not sure if I'll have internet access but stay tuned because Greg promises some outstanding pictures. This is another adventure on our life-list we can check off. It should be an awesome trip. We are both really looking forward to it, practically chomping at the bits for Friday afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. You can see the progression of spring if you scroll backward through the pics. Starting to look almost as nice as down here. Our garden is in, but no produce from it yet. We have a lot of volunteer squash and sunflowers. I still think you need a cabin!!Laura B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to come and visit you two. Miss talking to you. Tenia

    ReplyDelete