Alaska's Winter Horizon

Alaska's Winter Horizon

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Beautiful Day

After not much of a real winter, spring has arrived in Alaska. We haven't had any more snow. This season it has only snowed about 20.5 inches. Not even two feet of snow!! Crazy. The way it has been lately, sunny and in the 40s every day, the outlook for any more snow doesn't seem too promising. By this point we are ready for some nice weather anyway.
 Today I got out during my lunchtime and rode out toward the airport.
Cook Inlet had some very small ice chunks floating in the current.
 I did manage to catch a couple pics of two bald eagles enjoying the afternoon sun.
 They were just perched in the tree surveying the surrounding area.
 It was quite an enjoyable break from work. Thanks Jen for driving me around and letting me enjoy the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment